WHAT YOU’LL FIND ON THIS PAGE:
- – Small Group Discussion Questions
- – Family Discussion Questions & Activity Pages from the Children’s Message
- – A Youth talk/link from Pastor Conor
QUESTIONS THAT WILL HELP YOU DIG DEEPER INTO THE MAIN MESSAGE FOR YOUR FAMILY DEVOTIONS OR SMALL GROUP:
How important is it to celebrate marriage? An anniversary? Why?
Read Genesis 29:12-31.
Why do you think Laban tricked Jacob by giving him Leah first? Have you ever been deceived? What was your reaction?
What are you waiting for in your life right now? How are you at waiting? What could you do to be better at it?
We read that to Jacob the seven years “seemed like only a few days” because of his love for Rachel. If you are married, regarding time and your marriage how would you answer what your marriage seems like: a) we have been together forever. b) only yesterday we fell in love. c) what happened before we met was in another lifetime. d) a permanent commitment has been really important. e) a lifetime won’t be long enough to be together. f) we never have enough time. g) this thing is seriously dragging on and on!
Pastor Michael mentioned 1 Corinthians 13:4, “Love is patient“. He then described the differences between authentic LOVE and “lust”. What are some of those differences?
Read Proverbs 5:15-23. What is Solomon saying here? What are some specific things we are encouraged to do?
Jesus said, “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also“. How does this apply to your Christian life? Your marriage? Your children? Your hobbies?
What would you tell someone that has already gone through the heartbreak of a divorce about how God feels about them? Read John 8:2-11 and John 3:17 for a hint.
Family Discussion Questions for the children’s message: “JESUS As A Child”
Have a volunteer read Luke 2:51-52.
Ask the following questions and Lead your family to discuss:
- Who does God want us to honor and why? Help kids connect from the story that like Jesus, we should seek to honor God. God commands us to honor our parents. We should also honor other believers. The Bible says we should outdo one another in showing honor. (Option: Choose a volunteer to read Rom. 12:10.)
- How can we grow in wisdom and obedience to God? Invite kids to share their ideas. Emphasize that we grow through the power of the Holy Spirit. Encourage kids to read the Bible consistently, pray, and spend time in fellowship with other believers. (Option: Choose a volunteer to read Heb. 10:24-25.)
- How can God use you in His kingdom even while you are young? Invite kids to share ideas of ways they can serve God when they are young. Emphasize that God can use anyone who is willing to obey Him. God’s plan for us is better than any plan we can imagine for ourselves. We can rely on the Holy Spirit to lead us as we follow Jesus. (Option: Choose a volunteer to read Eph. 1:9-10.)
ACTIVITY PAGES TO BE DOWNLOADED BELOW:
A QUICK MESSAGE FOR THE YOUTH:
If you’re a teen, click HERE.