February 26, 2023
“IF YOU SAY SO”
02/26/2023 – Conor Craft – Text: Luke 5:4-11, Prov. 3:5-6, Ps. 20:7
- Do you ever find it hard to put all your trust in God?
- Read Luke 5:4-11.
- Do you think there is any significance In Jesus asking Simon to go out into deep water?
- Do you think you would have a hard time answering like Simon in verse 5? “we’ve worked hard all night long and caught nothing. But IF YOU SAY SO, I’ll let down the nets.” Why or why not?
- What do you think was the main difference between the first time Simon let down His nets, and later when he laiddown his nets and left everything to follow Jesus? What is the invitation for us?
- They left everything! Including their nets which represented provision, security, and a way to make a future for themselves. Are you still holding on to any nets that are keeping you from living into God’s full potential?
- Which Prayer resonated with you the most and why?
We looked at 3 simple prayers:
- LORD, HELP US TO OBEY YOU, EVEN WHEN WE DON’T UNDERSTAND.
- LORD, HELP US TO SURRENDER WHAT WE CANNOT CONTROL.
- LORD, HELP US TO REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE ENOUGH FOR US!
Read Proverbs 3:5-6 and Psalm 20:7. How, do we actually put our Trust in the Lord?