In this message Brad Burns, our good friend and guest speaker, asks who or what influences our decisions?
1. What stood out to you most in this message?
2. Read 2 Corinthians 11:3. What are some of outside influences within the church, that seek to seduce our minds away from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ ?
3. Read Mark 8:33 and Romans 12:2. Why were Peter’s words contrary to God’s concerns? Why is it so difficult to tell the difference between God’s concerns and our own concerns?
4. Read Colossians 2:4. Why do the “reasonable arguments” of those who oppose God sound so convincing? What thoughts do you have that turn into something that you think is God’s will but isn’t?
5. Read Mark 8:34. According to Brad Burns, Jesus calls us to deny ourselves and follow him, but the Devil tempts us to follow our own desires. How do we overcome the temptation to follow our own desires?