When we believe in Jesus, God produces real change in our lives.
1. John 3: 3 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, unless someone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
John 3:6 “Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
Discuss the critical truths about being born again.
2. Read John 3: 19- 21. When we hear people loved darkness…and their deeds were evil…our minds often go to the very evil things we see in the media. But what are some things that we all struggle with as Christian men that are not honoring God?
In contrast, what are actions you have seen in other men that are clearly God’s work.
3. Read John 3:27. John responded, “No one can receive anything unless it has been given to him from heaven. Discuss things you have received in your life that mean the most to you. Think of subtle blessings that are very easy to overlook.
4. Read John 3:30. What are some new ways you individually could let Jesus increase in your life this week? Specifically, what can you do as a group of men this week to increase Jesus in your community? Brainstorm together ideas for both.
5. Being humble can really be a struggle for men, it is countercultural. Do you have any tricks or experience you can share on how to grow in humility?