Questions to help you dig deeper into the message:
Learning to stay faithful and trust in God’s faithfulness everyday.
2 Chronicles 36:21 – This fulfilled the word of the Lord through Jeremiah, and
the land enjoyed its Sabbath rest all the days of the desolation until seventy years were fulfilled.
1. What did you learn about loving God in this message? What did you learn about loving others?
“Often, when we hear stories about incredible acts of faith and we think ‘Yes God, use me like that.’ And then we run out and try to do what God wants us to do, and we run out of steam or fall flat on our face.” Read Leviticus 25:1-7
2. What types of “great things” would you like to do for God? What gets in the way of your forward progress?
3. Are there any of God’s commands or spiritual exercises that seem like too big of an ask for you? Which one(s)?
Read Exodus 20:8-11 and Deuteronomy 5:12-15.
4. What, if anything, would you have to change in your regular schedule to start your work week fully rested? If you are retired, how do you spend your time and energy on people outside of your immediate family?
“We become better and better at spending our time and energy honoring God’s love for others by making the most of what God has given us for today. We thank God that whatever he has already provided for us is enough to begin doing what God wants us to do today.”
Read Exodus 29:38-41
5. What are you doing to nurture your relationship with God and your brothers and sisters in Christ on a daily basis? Weekly?